Description of the procedure
Service that has as purpose to attend the claims of clients for damages in equipment and electrical devices with civil responsibility, caused by faults in the electrical distribution system owned by the Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz SA, hereinafter CNFL.
Where can you make this Procedure?
- In Branches, Agency and Modules of the CNFL.
- Standard "AR-NT-SUCOM" Supervision of the commercialization of electricity supply in low and medium voltage "
- Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
- Table of Annual Percentages of Depreciation of the Directorate General of Direct Taxation, of the Ministry of Finance.
Term of resolution:
30 calendar days
AR-NT-SUCOM REGULATORY TECHNICAL STANDARD Article 57. Claims for damages
When the subscriber or user suffers damage to his equipment or electrical appliances or his property, due to the quality of the power supply and he considers that there is responsibility on the part of the electric company, You must file your claim with that company no later than eight business days after the fact happened. Likewise, if there is damage to the production, the electric company shall, when the law corresponds, compensate them. The indemnification, in administrative headquarters, does not contemplate the lost profit or the lost profits for the damages in the production. The electric company will carry out the respective study and will communicate in writing to the subscriber or user, the resolution of their claim within a maximum period of 30 calendar days. If the result of their management is not satisfactory to their interests, the subscriber or user may submit the challenges indicated in the General Law of Public Administration or go to the ARESEP to raise the corresponding complaint.
Cost of the procedure:
It has no cost
Any capable person may request services and perform procedures on behalf of the applicant, client or user, by means of an authorization granted in accordance with article 283, of the General Law of Public Administration or special power, general or generalissimo.
The institution will keep the original of the authorization, the special power and the certifications of the general and general powers, will deliver a copy of the authorization and the special power to the authorized or special attorney, as appropriate and indicate which acts have been executed.
In the same way, you can contact our free call center 800-ENERGIA (800-3637442) or through the chat center where our executives will be assisting you.
Gazette No. 157, 18 of August 2014
In accordance with the Law 8990 of the 27 / 09 / 2011, which modifies the Law N ° 8220 "Protection of the citizen from the excess of requirements and administrative procedures", as established in his article 4, proceeds to publish the update of the requirements for the procedures related to the electric power supply service, provided by the Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz, SA (CNFL) Description of requirements for Electric Services that apply to sectors of public roads in which the CNFL has electro-energy availability:
- We remind you that you must abide by the new electrical code contemplated in Decree No. 36979-MEIC.
- Regulations for the Officialization of the Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
A.1. For natural person:
- Original identity card for nationals, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their stay in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit for filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident card, territorial asylee card.
A.2 For legal entity:
- Original legal status (not greater than one month issued).
- Original identity card of legal representative, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their permanence in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit of filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident , territorial asylee card.
- Telephone number, exact address by province, canton and district, email, post office box of the person requesting the service or in case of companies the qualities of this, including their legal identity card.
- Pay the security deposit approved by the Public Services Regulatory Authority corresponding to the service requested, it is done when being attended at a window.
- Location, contract number or service meter number.
- In the case of new single-phase and three-phase services, provide location number of contract or service meter number of the nearest neighbor
- Copy of identification card and authorization letter for those who apply to process (in case of not being the subscriber of the service that is presented to perform the procedure or if it is a representative of the company)
- Up-to-date service (except in the case of new single-phase and three-phase services)
- Signature of application and / or corresponding acceptance contracts (in our agencies).
We remind you that according to the Regulatory Technical Standard AR-NT-SUCOM Supervision of the Commercialization of Electricity Supply in Low and Medium Voltage.
Article 57: "... you must file your claim with that company no later than eight business days after the fact happened."
Requirements for study:
- Name of the owner of the service, exact address, location number and meter of where the event occurred, and medium where it can be contacted (telephone, fax, email, etc).
- Detail of the damaged device and / or equipment and its characteristics: make, model, series, year of acquisition and year of manufacture.
- Detailed description of what happened.
- Date and time of the event.
- Letter of authorization, (Applies when the procedure is not performed by the owner of the service or when it is a legal entity, indicating the name of the legal representative or attorney generalissimo.
- Copy of death certificate (Applies to the procedure when the current owner of the service is deceased).
The claim must be submitted no later than eight business days after the event occurred (Art.57 Claims for damages of the AR-NT-SUCOM standard) Supervision of the commercialization of electricity supply in low and medium voltage.
Requirements for accepted applications
Forms that must be submitted:
Visit the following link: National Technical Regulation ARESEP
Remember to hire the Engineer of your confidence to advise you adequately with the fulfillment of these requirements.
PROCEDURES AND SERVICES
- Change Voltage Connection
- Change Client Name
- Change to Provisional Service to Definitive
- Disconnection and Reconnection for Internal Work
- Engineering Study
- Claim for Damages with Civil Liability
- Temporary Transformer Connection Request
- Request for New Service of Three Phase Electric Power Supply
- Transfer Request for Electric Service
- Service Request New Single-Phase Electric Power Supply
- Application Transfer of Meter