Description of the procedure:
It is provided to customers who have completed their construction, remodeling or expansion of real estate, such as residences, commercial and industrial buildings, apartments, among others, and which require a final service once the work is completed. inhabitants of Costa Rica within the concession area of the CNFL from a single point of delivery of the network and through a single meter.
This procedure can be done:
- In Branches, Agency and Modules of the CNFL.
- Standard "AR-NT-SUCOM" Supervision of the commercialization of electricity supply in low and medium voltage "
Costa Rica Electric Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
Table of Annual Depreciation Percentages of the Directorate General of Direct Taxation, of the Ministry of Finance.
Term of resolution: 8 business days once the technical requirements have been met.
Cost of the procedure: It is calculated according to the tariff defined by the ARESEP
Any capable person may request services and perform procedures on behalf of the applicant, client or user, by means of an authorization granted in accordance with article 283, of the General Law of Public Administration or special power, general or generalissimo.
The institution will keep the original of the authorization, the special power and the certifications of the general and general powers, will deliver a copy of the authorization and the special power to the authorized or special attorney, as appropriate and indicate which acts have been executed.
In the same way, you can contact our free call center 800-ENERGIA (800-3637442) or through the chat center where our executives will be assisting you.
Gazette No. 157, 18 of August 2014
In accordance with the Law 8990 of the 27 / 09 / 2011, which modifies the Law N ° 8220 "Protection of the citizen from the excess of requirements and administrative procedures", as established in his article 4, proceeds to publish the update of the requirements for the procedures related to the electric power supply service, provided by the Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz, SA (CNFL) Description of requirements for Electric Services that apply to sectors of public roads in which the CNFL has electro-energy availability:
- We remind you that you must abide by the new electrical code contemplated in Decree No. 36979-MEIC.
- Regulations for the Officialization of the Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
For a natural person:
- Original identity card for nationals, if they are foreigners, they must present documents proving their permanence in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit for filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident, card of territorial asylee. Copy of identification card and letter of authorization for those who apply to process (in case of not being the subscriber of the service that is presented to perform the procedure or if it is a representative of the company)
For legal entity:
- Original legal status (not greater than one month issued).
- Original identity card of legal representative, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their permanence in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit of filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident , territorial asylee card. Copy of identification card and letter of authorization for those who apply to process (in case of not being the subscriber of the service that is presented to perform the procedure or if it is a representative of the company)
- Documentation evidencing the ownership of the property, written authorization of the owner or demonstrating possession management.
- Provide a NISE number (Service Identification Number).
- Provide a number of "Request for Sealing of Electrical Plans" issued by the Federated College of Engineers and Architects of Costa Rica (CFIA), for the provisional service connection request; in case of change to final service, provide original document of "Proof of Receipt" issued by the same entity, referring to the presentation of the electrical plans.
- Telephone number, exact address by province, canton and district, email.
- Cancel the security deposit approved by the Public Services Regulatory Authority corresponding to the service requested, it is done when being attended at a window.
Visit the following link: National technical regulation ARESEP
Remember to hire the Engineer of your confidence to advise you adequately with the fulfillment of these requirements.
PROCEDURES AND SERVICES
- Change Client Name
- Change to Provisional Service to Definitive
- Service Request New Single-Phase Electric Power Supply
- Request for New Service of Three Phase Electric Power Supply
- Application Transfer of Meter
- Change Voltage Connection
- Engineering Study
- Temporary Transformer Connection Request
- Disconnection and Reconnection for Internal Work
- Claim for Damages with Civil Liability
- Transfer Request for Electric Service