VII Course on Integral Management of Urban Woodland
Date: from 26 to November 29, 2019
Schedule: From 8: 00 am to 4: 00 pm
Location: In the CNFL Environmental Auditorium, Dulce Nombre de Coronado.
Investment: 150.000 colones
It includes: food, teaching material and "Guide of Trees and Shrubs for Urban Use in the Central Valley".
Theoretical / Practical Contents:
- Urban Arboriculture: from the International context to the national context of the Urban Tree.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the tree.
- Occupational Health and Safety in the management of the urban tree.
- Integrated management of vegetation in easements and under public service lines.
- Use of growth regulators in pruning cycles.
- Management of heritage trees, management and protection.
- Fertility of urban soils. Use of growth biostimulators.
- Variables for choosing the right site and tree.
- Evaluation and diagnosis of urban trees.
- Geographic Information Systems in Urban Woodland Management.
- The contents of the course are aligned to the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) international standards and to the good practices promoted by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA).
- Talk: Basic techniques of safe climbing for arboriculture given by Empresa PODAS TÉCNICAS CR
- Professionals: forest engineers, biologists, architects, landscape designers, others related to the subject.
- Government institution officials.
- Companies that provide tree management services.
- General public interested in the urban tree.
"... cities can thrive in harmony with nature, also in a way connected with technology"