Description of the procedure
Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz SA Commercial Management, Branches, Agency, Online Services
This rate is exclusive for residential customers served at low voltage and consumption greater than 200 kWh per month, throughout the area served by the Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz, SA
to. Operating voltage: low voltage, one phase, three wires, nominal value 120 / 240 volts.
b. Measurement: A single system, consisting of a three-phase single-phase meter, with multi-rate recording.
This procedure can be done:
- In Branches, Agency and Modules of the CNFL.
- Standard "AR-NT-SUCOM" Supervision of the commercialization of electricity supply in low and medium voltage "
- Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
- Table of Annual Percentages of Depreciation of the Directorate General of Direct Taxation, of the Ministry of Finance.
Term of resolution:
8 business days once the technical requirements have been met.
Cost of the procedure:
It has no cost
Any capable person may request services and perform procedures on behalf of the applicant, client or user, by means of an authorization granted in accordance with article 283, of the General Law of Public Administration or special power, general or generalissimo.
The institution will keep the original of the authorization, the special power and the certifications of the general and general powers, will deliver a copy of the authorization and the special power to the authorized or special attorney, as appropriate and indicate which acts have been executed.
In the same way, you can contact our free call center 800-ENERGIA (800-3637442) or through the chat center where our executives will be assisting you.
Gazette No. 157, 18 of August 2014
In accordance with the Law 8990 of the 27 / 09 / 2011, which modifies the Law N ° 8220 "Protection of the citizen from the excess of requirements and administrative procedures", as established in his article 4, proceeds to publish the update of the requirements for the procedures related to the electric power supply service, provided by the Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz, SA (CNFL) Description of requirements for Electric Services that apply to sectors of public roads in which the CNFL has electro-energy availability:
- We remind you that you must abide by the new electrical code contemplated in Decree No. 36979-MEIC.
- Regulations for the Officialization of the Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
A.1. For natural person:
- Original identity card for nationals, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their stay in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit for filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident card, territorial asylee card.
A.2 For legal entity:
- Original legal status (not greater than one month issued).
- Original identity card of legal representative, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their permanence in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit of filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident , territorial asylee card.
- Telephone number, exact address by province, canton and district, email, post office box of the person requesting the service or in case of companies the qualities of this, including their legal identity card.
- Pay the security deposit approved by the Public Services Regulatory Authority corresponding to the service requested, it is done when being attended at a window.
- Location, contract number or service meter number.
- In the case of new single-phase and three-phase services, provide location number of contract or service meter number of the nearest neighbor
- Copy of identification card and authorization letter for those who apply to process (in case of not being the subscriber of the service that is presented to perform the procedure or if it is a representative of the company)
- Up-to-date service (except in the case of new single-phase and three-phase services)
- Signature of application and / or corresponding acceptance contracts (in our agencies).
- The service must be in the name of the interested party.
- Comply with the provisions of the Technical Standard “Supervision of the installation and equipment of electrical connections” (AR-NT-SUINAC) and with the Electrical Code of Costa Rica for the Security of Life and Property. (Property Limit Meter).
- Have a history of consumption greater than 200 kWh per month.
- Sign application and respective contracts (handwritten signature or digital signature)
Exact address: province, canton and district, telephone number, electronic address, and / or other means to locate the service holder or legal representative if required.
There should be no outstanding debt with the Institution.
Visit the following link: National Technical Regulation ARESEP
Remember to hire the Engineer of your confidence to advise you adequately with the fulfillment of these requirements.