Description of the procedure
Service that is provided to have an analysis of the current conditions and characteristics of the distribution system and its surroundings, which derive in a design and budget for the execution of modifications or additions to the electrical distribution system and public lighting. Within the area served by CNFL.
Where can you make this Procedure?
- Entering our Virtual Agency
- In Branches, Agency and Modules of the CNFL.
- Standard "AR-NT-SUCOM" Supervision of the commercialization of electricity supply in low and medium voltage "
- Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
- Table of Annual Percentages of Depreciation of the Directorate General of Direct Taxation, of the Ministry of Finance.
Term of resolution:
10 business days for simple requests. 2 months for complex requests.
Cost of the procedure:
Depending on the type of study, it has an associated cost:
1. Distribution Study (for new works that must be included in the CNFL's air or underground network): ¢ 56,500.00 *
2. Request for Power Availability in the Circuit (for interconnection of a distributed generation system for self-consumption): ¢ 146,530.00 *
3. Infocomunication study (to determine the feasibility of using CNFL infrastructure): ¢ 39,550.00 *
4. Study of Public Lighting (for new lighting works in public spaces of the area served by CNFL): ¢ 0.00
* (The cost includes VAT)
Any capable person may request services and perform procedures on behalf of the applicant, client or user, by means of an authorization granted in accordance with article 283, of the General Law of Public Administration or special power, general or generalissimo.
The institution will keep the original of the authorization, the special power and the certifications of the general and general powers, will deliver a copy of the authorization and the special power to the authorized or special attorney, as appropriate and indicate which acts have been executed.
In the same way, you can contact our free call center 800-ENERGIA (800-3637442) or through the chat center where our executives will be assisting you.
Gazette No. 157, 18 of August 2014
In accordance with the Law 8990 of the 27 / 09 / 2011, which modifies the Law N ° 8220 "Protection of the citizen from the excess of requirements and administrative procedures", as established in his article 4, proceeds to publish the update of the requirements for the procedures related to the electric power supply service, provided by the Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz, SA (CNFL) Description of requirements for Electric Services that apply to sectors of public roads in which the CNFL has electro-energy availability:
- We remind you that you must abide by the new electrical code contemplated in Decree No. 36979-MEIC.
- Regulations for the Officialization of the Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
A.1. For natural person:
- Original identity card for nationals, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their stay in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit for filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident card, territorial asylee card.
A.2 For legal entity:
- Original legal status (not greater than one month issued).
- Original identity card of legal representative, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their permanence in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit of filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident , territorial asylee card.
- Telephone number, exact address by province, canton and district, email, post office box of the person requesting the service or in case of companies the qualities of this, including their legal identity card.
- Pay the security deposit approved by the Public Services Regulatory Authority corresponding to the service requested, it is done when being attended at a window.
- Location, contract number or service meter number.
- In the case of new single-phase and three-phase services, provide location number of contract or service meter number of the nearest neighbor
- Copy of identification card and authorization letter for those who apply to process (in case of not being the subscriber of the service that is presented to perform the procedure or if it is a representative of the company)
- Up-to-date service (except in the case of new single-phase and three-phase services)
- Signature of application and / or corresponding acceptance contracts (in our agencies).
- Complete and sign application (handwritten signature or digital signature) the formula F-102 "Application for engineering study".
- Cancel the respective amount, which includes only the preparation of the study.
- Copy of the cadastral map of the property where the electromechanical work designed according to the study will be built.
- For urbanizations, condominiums and subdivisions you must present the blueprint plan (it can be a digital file in DWG format) showing the design of the construction site (streets, sidewalks, division, lots), geographical location (IGN) , topographical survey of the posts in the areas surrounding the entrance of the urbanization or condominium.
- For buildings (residential, commercial and industrial) must submit the electrical plans of the work, signed by the responsible professional signed by the responsible professional, with the geographical location of the property, in the following cases:
a) Loads greater than 25 kVA.
b) Buildings that have three or more floors, with an area greater than 750 m2, regardless of the load demanded.
c) Buildings with a construction area greater than 1500 m2.
d) Increases in installed load greater than 20 kW.
After the completion of the engineering study as the case may be; You must present the following documents:
a) Declaration of public street issued by the corresponding Municipality. And Transportation.
b) Certificate of ownership or right of use of transformers in case of transfer or change due to load increase.
c) Permits for the installation of poles or anchors within private property.
d) Permit of the competent authority for the controlled pruning of vegetation
g) For the application of the engineering study of underground projects, must comply with the requirements established in the Manual for 34,5 kV Underground Distribution Networks, of the College of Electrical, Mechanical and Industrial Engineers (CIEMI)
h) For engineering studies, according to the previous point, the applicant will be the Responsible Professional who signs the plans. The request must be signed by him, together with the respective information (telephone, fax, email, among others).
i) Plan stamped by the CFIA for all possible reasons, except when it is a technical feasibility for distributed generation.
Forms that must be submitted:
Policies for the processing of medium and low voltage projects
|Distribution of spaces in poles||Click here|
|Technical specification luminaires for public lighting horizontal type closed LED technology (PDF format)||Click here|
|Standardization of conductor sizes||Click here|
|Pruning manual on power lines||Click here|
|F-102 Technical Engineering Study Request||Click here|
|Procedure: Management of environmental viability for activities, works and projects||Click here|
|F-447 authorization to install anchors within private properties (Legal entities)||Click here|
|F-447 authorization to install anchors within private properties (Individuals)||Click here|
|Guideline for the constitution of the electric or pass easement||Click here|
|Assembly Manual||Click here|
|Clarification to the assembly manual||Click here|
|Manual of criteria for the design of overhead power distribution networks||Click here|
|CNFL presentation: New policies for the processing of medium and low voltage projects||Click here|
|CFIA Presentation: Medium Voltage||Click here|
|Structure of the layers that the plans must contain||Click here|
|Denomination of each layer|| Click here |
Visit the following link: National Technical Regulation ARESEP
Remember to hire the Engineer of your confidence to advise you adequately with the fulfillment of these requirements.