Description of the procedure
This service is requested by the client to make improvements or changes in its internal electrical network in which a disconnection and subsequent reconnection is required.
This procedure can be done:
- In Branches, Agency and Modules of the CNFL.
- Standard "AR-NT-SUCOM" Supervision of the commercialization of electricity supply in low and medium voltage "
- Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
- Table of Annual Percentages of Depreciation of the Directorate General of Direct Taxation, of the Ministry of Finance.
Term of resolution:
8 business days once the technical requirements have been met.
Cost of the procedure:
It is calculated according to the tariff defined by the ARESEP
Any capable person may request services and perform procedures on behalf of the applicant, client or user, by means of an authorization granted in accordance with article 283, of the General Law of Public Administration or special power, general or generalissimo.
The institution will keep the original of the authorization, the special power and the certifications of the general and general powers, will deliver a copy of the authorization and the special power to the authorized or special attorney, as appropriate and indicate which acts have been executed.
In the same way, you can contact our free call center 800-ENERGIA (800-3637442) or through the chat center where our executives will be assisting you.
Gazette No. 157, 18 of August 2014
In accordance with the Law 8990 of the 27 / 09 / 2011, which modifies the Law N ° 8220 "Protection of the citizen from the excess of requirements and administrative procedures", as established in his article 4, proceeds to publish the update of the requirements for the procedures related to the electric power supply service, provided by the Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz, SA (CNFL) Description of requirements for Electric Services that apply to sectors of public roads in which the CNFL has electro-energy availability:
- We remind you that you must abide by the new electrical code contemplated in Decree No. 36979-MEIC.
- Regulations for the Officialization of the Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
A.1. For natural person:
- Original identity card for nationals, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their stay in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit for filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident card, territorial asylee card.
A.2 For legal entity:
- Original legal status (not greater than one month issued).
- Original identity card of legal representative, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their permanence in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit of filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident , territorial asylee card.
- Telephone number, exact address by province, canton and district, email, post office box of the person requesting the service or in case of companies the qualities of this, including their legal identity card.
- Pay the security deposit approved by the Public Services Regulatory Authority corresponding to the service requested, it is done when being attended at a window.
- Location, contract number or service meter number.
- In the case of new single-phase and three-phase services, provide location number of contract or service meter number of the nearest neighbor
- Copy of identification card and authorization letter for those who apply to process (in case of not being the subscriber of the service that is presented to perform the procedure or if it is a representative of the company)
- Up-to-date service (except in the case of new single-phase and three-phase services)
- Signature of application and / or corresponding acceptance contracts (in our agencies).
For customers with consumptions less than 3000 kWh:
- Written request from the client indicating the day and time, must be presented with 72 hours in advance for the work to be done, indicating the location and / or meter number in which the service is required.
- Cancel the amount for disconnection and reconnection calculated according to the current rate.
- Once the work is finished, the client is obliged to communicate with the CNFL, for the restoration of electric power.
For customers with consumption greater than 3000 kWh:
- Written request from the client indicating the day and time, must be submitted with 72 hours in advance for the work to be done, indicating the location and / or meter number in which the service is required, indicating the full name of the person responsible for carrying out the work. work (the person must always be in the place where the disconnection or reconnection is going to take place), indicate two telephones where the person can be located if required.
- Sign application (handwritten signature or digital signature).
Visit the following link: National Technical Regulation ARESEP
Remember to hire the Engineer of your confidence to advise you adequately with the fulfillment of these requirements.