Description of the procedure
This procedure is provided in those cases in which the client requires a change of meter because the voltage connection required for your property needs to be modified.
This procedure can be done:
- In Branches, Agency and Modules of the CNFL.
- Standard "AR-NT-SUCOM" Supervision of the commercialization of electricity supply in low and medium voltage "
- Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
- Table of Annual Percentages of Depreciation of the Directorate General of Direct Taxation, of the Ministry of Finance.
Term of resolution:
8 business days once the technical requirements have been met.
Cost of the procedure:
It has no cost
Any capable person may request services and perform procedures on behalf of the applicant, client or user, by means of an authorization granted in accordance with article 283, of the General Law of Public Administration or special power, general or generalissimo.
The institution will keep the original of the authorization, the special power and the certifications of the general and general powers, will deliver a copy of the authorization and the special power to the authorized or special attorney, as appropriate and indicate which acts have been executed.
In the same way, you can contact our free call center 800-ENERGIA (800-3637442) or through the chat center where our executives will be assisting you.
Gazette No. 157, 18 of August 2014
In accordance with the Law 8990 of the 27 / 09 / 2011, which modifies the Law N ° 8220 "Protection of the citizen from the excess of requirements and administrative procedures", as established in his article 4, proceeds to publish the update of the requirements for the procedures related to the electric power supply service, provided by the Compañía Nacional de Fuerza y Luz, SA (CNFL) Description of requirements for Electric Services that apply to sectors of public roads in which the CNFL has electro-energy availability:
- We remind you that you must abide by the new electrical code contemplated in Decree No. 36979-MEIC.
- Regulations for the Officialization of the Costa Rican Electrical Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
For natural person:
- Original identity card for nationals, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their stay in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit for filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident card, territorial asylee card.
For legal entity:
- Original legal status (not greater than one month issued).
- Original identity card of legal representative, if they are foreigners must present documents proving their permanence in the country, either: residence card, temporary permit of filing, refugee card, resident pensioner card or rentier resident , territorial asylee card. Copy of identification card and letter of authorization for those who apply to process (in case of not being the subscriber of the service that is presented to perform the procedure or if it is a representative of the company)
- Provide the location and / or meter number of the electrical service available on site.
- Submit the original of the "Certificate of Receipt" issued by the Federated College of Engineers and Architects of Costa Rica (CFIA), for the provisional service connection request, referring to the presentation of the electrical drawings, in accordance with the provisions of the Technical Standard "Supervision of the installation and equipment of electrical connections" (AR-NT-SUINAC) and with the Costa Rican Electric Code for the Safety of Life and Property.
- When the requested load is greater than that available at the installation site and the installation of transformers or extension of additional lines is required, you must request an Engineering Study.
- Telephone number, exact address by province, canton and district, email.
- Daily service.
- Signature of application and / or corresponding acceptance contracts (in our agencies).
Visit the following link: National Technical Regulation ARESEP
Remember to hire the Engineer of your confidence to advise you adequately with the fulfillment of these requirements.